Guten Morgen! That’s “good morning” in German.
Why I’m I making you read German phrases on a Saturday when the last thing your brain wants to do is decipher foreign words? Because of the Liebster Award of course! What? You didn’t know that “liebster” is a German word for “favorite.” Well, now you do!
Before I get into the questions, I’d like to give a huge thank you to Jeannie at Booklovers’ Haven for giving me the Liebster award and making me one of her favorite blogs. So, here it is. THANK YOU!!! 🙂
- What is your first memory?
My first memory is kind of a sad one. I was two years old and in a stroller at a food court at the mall. My parents were eating, and I guess I was bored because I kept standing up and leaning against the back of the stroller. Well, it fell over and I busted my chin open. I don’t remember actually falling. I just remember blood and being scared that there were a bunch of strangers with masks (doctor and nurses) around me and that I couldn’t see my mom.
Like I said…not a very pleasant memory. 😦
2. Name 12 people (real, fictional, historic, futuristic; doesn’t matter) with whom you would like to have your last supper.
Gandalf from Lord of the Rings, J.R.R Tolkien, the podcasters from Writing Excuses (Brandon Sanderson, Mary Robinette Kowal, Howard Tayler, Dan Wells), J.K Rowling, Hermione Granger, Christopher Paolini, Bodie Thoene, Charles Dickens, Jane Austen.
That would be an interesting little crowd to get together. I can imagine the conversation. Especially between the authors and their character.
Hermione: “Why did you give me a name like Hermione when your kids get names like Jessica and Mackenzie.”
J.K. Rowling: “They’re my daughters. I couldn’t name them something like Hermione or Bellatrix. Some names work better in fiction.”
Hermione: “Stephenie Meyer gave Bella the name she was saving for her daughter. And I’m more clever than ten Bella Swans!”
J.R.R Tolkien: “At least she didn’t give you, Harry, and Ron the names Bifur, Bofur, and Bombur. That wouldn’t have been confusing at all.”
(Ron, Hermione, Harry)
I just realize that all the people I listed are either writers or fictional characters. Obsessed with books much?
(Yeah, I have that disorder. And no I don’t want a cure.)
3. What is the one thing you must have with you at all times?
My phone. (Yes, I’m keeping this one short and simple to make up for the long rambling answer for the last one. 😉 )
4. What is your ultimate goal for your blog?
One day I’d like to have 1,000 followers. Since I got this award, you know I’m a long way off, but a girl can dream can’t she?
5. What was the most interesting challenge you have had to overcome?
Getting out of bed in the morning. Just kidding. Ok really though, this is a challenge I must overcome daily. I mean…
Thank you Boromir.
In all seriousness, I can’t think of an interesting challenge I’ve overcome (or been defeated by). Sorry!
6. What is your dream life?
I want to write tons of stories, read gazillions of books, travel to a hundred countries, be surrounded by people I love, never stop singing and never quit learning.
7. There is a fire and you only have time to grab one thing. What is it? (I hope this doesn’t actually happen to you)
I would want this flash drive I have that is a backup of all my pictures and everything I’ve written. I can buy new clothes and electronics, but I can’t replace memories or recreate the stuff I’ve written.
8. If you could change one thing in your past, what would it be?
I actually wouldn’t want to change anything in my past, even the bad stuff. What I’ve been through made me who I am today.
9.If you had to spend a year on a deserted island, what are the five things you would carry with you?
Legolas. He is resourceful in an impossible sort of way.
Alright, so Legolas won’t come because there aren’t any orcs to shoot or dwarves to pick on, so I guess I’ll have to scrap that idea.
Assuming shelter and food are provided, I’ll bring a kindle that contains all the books on my reading list, sunglasses, sunscreen, a notebook and pencil (for all those stories I’m bound to come up—nothing like being stranded on a deserted island to get that imagination going).
10. If you only had 24 hours to live, how would you spend them?
I would get my family and friends together and party for as many hours as we could handle. 🙂
(Warning: this will give you a headache if you look to long. But Dumbledore dancing was just too funny and the look on Snape’s face….He looks great with a smile!)
11. How was your day today?
It’s been a great day! I finished this post, worked on a short story, and there are Krispy Kreme donuts on the kitchen counter. Life couldn’t be better.
- If you could’ve written any book in the world, which book would it be? (Ex. Instead of Harry Potter being written by J.K. Rowling, it would’ve been written by you.)
- What’s the story behind your blog’s name?
- What’s your favorite post you’ve written so far?
- If you had a chance to travel anywhere, all expenses paid, where would it be and why?
- What’s one thing that you love, but most people wouldn’t associate with you?
- What is the one thing you must have with you at all times?
- If you could have a robot friend with human emotions, what would its name be and what would its personality be like?
- What is your favorite genre to read and why?
- If you could invite any character from a book to your house, who would it be?
- If you could step into any fictional world, which one would it be (e.g., Narnia, Middle Earth, Hogwarts)?
- Write a question that I haven’t asked that you want to answer, then answer it.
- Thank and link the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Comment on one of their posts to let them know of their nomination. These bloggers must have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the eleven questions the person who nominated you created. Then make eleven questions of your own for your nominees. You may use the same questions.
- Lastly, copy these rules in the post.